+ What makes Tudor Heights different?
Residents of Tudor Heights enjoy a deeper sense of community than is normally found in an assisted living environment. This is due to the team members, our unique location in the Park Heights neighborhood, and our approach to complete wellness and quality of life. We nurture this sense of belonging at every opportunity, through programs that encourage engagement with other residents, the expert team, and the world around them.
+ Where is Tudor Heights located?
Tudor Heights is located in Pikesville, Maryland, about 10 miles from downtown Baltimore. Our neighborhood features everything one would need, all within easy walking distance, including the Suburban Club, Sinai Hospital and more.
+ What is the history of Tudor Heights?
Tudor Heights is a part of the larger Park Heights community, in a well-established area of Baltimore. We are proud to offer the best possible experience to long-standing members of this traditionally Jewish neighborhood and help maintain the lifestyle and traditions that give this area a unique and rich identity.
+ How many residents live at Tudor Heights?
Tudor Heights is capable of housing as many as 62 residents, many of whom are already members of the surrounding community.
+ Can I meet and speak with current residents?
We offer short stay visits and vacation/holiday stays to give you and those close to you a chance to get to know us, and for us to learn about your specific needs. During this time, you’ll have access to the same amenities you would as a resident, and you’ll be able to mingle and speak with team members and residents of the community. Contact us to find out how to schedule one of these visits.
+ How does Tudor Heights support Jewish residents?
Our on-site synagogue offers weekly Shabbat services, in addition to our celebrations recognizing holy days. We are also a part of the Park Heights community, filled with social, shopping and spiritual opportunities you’d expect from a long-standing Jewish neighborhood, including more than a dozen temples within an easy 10-minute drive.
Among our many amenities is the Star-K Certified dining room, where residents enjoy restaurant-style service and Kosher meals. The executive chef at Tudor Heights prepares traditional and contemporary dishes and is happy to tailor meals for special diets.
+ How does Tudor Heights promote health and wellness?
Years of experience and learning have helped us shape an approach to wellness that considers all aspects of life – social, intellectual, spiritual and physical. We encourage and facilitate interaction among residents, visiting friends and family, and the community surrounding Tudor Heights. We know a sense of purpose and inclusion is at the core of happiness and happiness is a key to health.
+ How does Tudor Heights ensure the safety of residents with dementia?
We start with our physical environment; we are a purpose-built community, and all Tudor Heights buildings are designed to be as safe as possible for residents experiencing Alzheimer’s, dementia or other memory impairments. The Tudor Heights team of experts is trained to handle the unique needs of residents with the same patience and attention you would expect from those closest to you.
+ What are the floor plan options?
We currently offer three floor plans. Each is designed to create a safe, private space for residents, in addition to the recently renovated common spaces.
+ What types of amenities are available?
We work with residents to create a comfortable and enjoyable environment. Our community features are available to all residents, and include:
- Fine restaurant-style main community and private dining rooms
- Anytime restaurant-style dining (7:00 am-7:00 pm) featuring a variety of chef-prepared entrées
- Star-K Certified Kosher fine dining (special diets accommodated)
- Living room lounge with fireplace
- Two enclosed outdoor courtyards
- Spacious common areas including a living room, event centers, theatre and library
- Entertainment, social and educational programs and events
- Scheduled outings to local attractions and cultural events
- Spiritual programs and joyous celebrations to maintain tradition and uplift the community
- Private bathrooms with walk-in showers in all apartments
+ What is included in the monthly service fee?
In addition to access to the services and amenities listed above, your monthly service fee covers:
Utilities and Maintenance
- Water and sewer
- Heating and air-conditioning (individual controls in every apartment)
- Trash removal
- Appliance maintenance and repair
- Apartment home maintenance and repair
- Property taxes
- Landscaping and snow removal
- Emergency backup generator
- Concierge services
- 24-hour support and health monitoring by a trained team. Led by a part-time registered nurse (RN).
- 24-hour pendant system
- 24-hour emergency response system in bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas
- Assistance with actions of daily living (additional costs may apply based on wellness review)
- State-of-the-art ALIS electronic health system (EHR)
- Medication management and administration (additional costs may apply based on wellness review)
- Daily wellness checks
- Coordination of ancillary and medical services by the Wellness Director and a part-time RN
- Accushield visitor and vendor tracking management system for added security and peace of mind
- Caremerge for family and community engagement, interaction, feedback and programming
- Resources and support for family members including orientation sessions, educational seminars, sensitivity training seminars and family support groups
- Weekly housekeeping including personal laundry and linens
- Physical, occupational and speech rehabilitation services provided on-site by trusted agency partners (additional costs for outside services provided)
+ Are pets allowed?
Absolutely. We want every resident to feel at home and we’re always happy to welcome a new furry friend to Tudor Heights.
+ Who operates the community?
Solvere has been helping senior living and retirement communities tell their stories for more than 10 years. We took what we learned from those close working relationships and began operating a small number of communities. We now operate more than 25 communities across the country and have committed to a 15-year operation relationship with Tudor Heights.
+ What does it mean to be a Solvere community?
Our philosophy is based on integrity, transparency and loyalty. These values guide the Solvere team approach to providing the best possible experience to the members of communities we operate. We’re proud to include many highly credentialed executives among the extended team, including individuals with proven expertise in the areas of operations management, sales and marketing, finance, wellness and development services.
+ What do I need to become a resident?
Our experts meet with you to discuss your unique needs and determine the best wellness plan for you. You can reach us at 410-318-8000 to talk on the phone or to set up an appointment to meet in person. We’re looking forward to meeting you and sharing our knowledge and guidance as you make decisions about your next steps.